My Internship Journey at Joanne Manville Virtual Assistance
Back in October 2022, Joanne asked me to write a blog about what I wanted to achieve by the end of the internship. On that blog, I wrote that my goal was to develop my skills, gain a deeper understanding of different business areas, and get the opportunity to help clients with various projects. I can now confidently say that I’ve been able to do everything I set out to.
In my first week, I was impressed with how organised the onboarding process was. I was introduced to all the programmes and systems that I needed to use and I was able to start working on different projects right away. My responsibilities included blog writing, graphic design, research, creating lead magnets, and so many other admin and marketing tasks that it is hard to keep track of all of them. Some of the highlights of this internship for me were:
- Working on a research project for a client that provides menopause coaching sessions. This task definitely challenged my ability to conduct desk research, and I was very happy that all that work ended up becoming an ebook.
- Assisting a client with social media management and paid advertising to grow subscribers. This project allowed me to fully take charge of a marketing campaign and I’m proud to say that it was very successful.
- Taking part in the shortlisting and interview process for the new intern.
- Blog writing and creating graphic design work. It definitely feels very rewarding to see your name at the end of a blog and knowing the work you’ve created is out there.
- Attending networking events. I can never thank Joanne enough for taking me to so many networking events that I’ve lost count.
- Winning the ‘Student employee’ of the year award at my university. After spending all my final year balancing my work and my studies, I was incredibly happy to be recognised. Thank you Joanne for nominating me and sending such an amazing recommendation.
It’s funny to think that what was initially a 3 month internship ended up being a whole year of learning so much more than I could have ever imagined. Thank you Joanne for putting so much time and effort into ensuring I got the most out of this internship, you are the most professional and kind person I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.