How can Google Locker Studio help you understand your data?
In today’s data-driven world, making informed decisions is crucial for businesses. Google Locker Studio is a powerful tool that enables users to harness the potential of their data by creating insightful reports. In this blog, we will walk you through what Google Locker Studio is, provide an overview of how to build reports, and highlight some of the benefits of using this platform.
What is Google Locker Studio?
Google Locker Studio is a data reporting tool developed by Google. It allows users to transform raw data into clear, informative reports and interactive dashboards. If you struggle to use the data presented to you in Google Analytics, then Locker Studio might be for you, as you don’t need to be a data analyst, with Google Locker Studio you can easily generate actionable insights from your data.
Benefits of Using Google Locker Studio
- Data Visualisation Made Easy
Google Locker Studio simplifies the process of turning complex data into meaningful insights. Its intuitive drag-and-drop interface allows users of all skill levels to create stunning reports.
- Collaboration and Sharing
Collaboration is effortless with Google Locker Studio. You can work on reports simultaneously with team members, and sharing options make it simple to distribute your findings.
- Real-time Updates
Google Locker Studio offers real-time data updates, ensuring that your reports always reflect the latest information. This is invaluable for businesses making data-driven decisions.
- Integration with Google Services
Seamless integration with Google’s ecosystem means you can pull data from various sources, including Google Sheets, Google Analytics, and Google Drive.
Getting Started with Google Locker Studio for Google Analytics Data
Google Locker Studio can help you gain a deeper understanding of your website or app’s performance using Google Analytics data.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get started:
- Accessing Google Locker Studio
To begin your journey with Google Locker Studio for Google Analytics, ensure you have a Google account. If not, you can create one for free. Once you have your Google account credentials ready, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and navigate to Google Locker Studio.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Upon successful login, you’ll be directed to the Google Locker Studio dashboard.
- Connecting Google Analytics Data
Now, let’s connect Google Analytics data to Google Locker Studio:
Click on the “Create Report” button.
- Choose “Google Analytics” as your data source. If it’s not listed, you may need to install the Google Analytics connector.
- Authenticate Google Locker Studio to access your Google Analytics data by following the on-screen prompts.
- Select the specific Google Analytics property and view that you want to analyse.
- Exploring Google Analytics Data
With your Google Analytics data source connected, you can now dive into data exploration:
Google Locker Studio will present you with a variety of data dimensions and metrics from your selected Google Analytics view.
- Drag and drop the dimensions and metrics that are relevant to your analysis onto the report canvas.
- Customise your report by adding titles and labels to make the data more understandable.
- Utilise the formatting options to tailor the appearance of your report to your liking.
- Analysing and Visualising Data
Once you’ve selected your dimensions and metrics, it’s time to create meaningful visualisations and reports:
- Choose the type of visualisation you want to use, such as line charts, bar graphs, or pie charts.
- Experiment with different visualisation options to identify trends, patterns, and insights within your Google Analytics data.
- Create multiple pages or sections within your report to provide a comprehensive analysis of your data.
- Sharing Your Google Analytics Insights
After building your report, you’ll likely want to share your findings with others:
- Click on the “Share” button within Google Locker Studio.
- Decide on your sharing method, such as generating a shareable link or sending email invitations to collaborators.
- Set permissions to control who can view or edit your Google Analytics report.
For more detailed step-by-step instructions we recommend this article.
Here’s an example of how data looks on Google analytics vs how it looks on Google Locker Studio
Google Locker Studio
Google Locker Studio is a versatile tool that will make analysing your data so much easier, enabling you to make decisions much quicker. You will also be able to create insightful reports and share them with your team.
Embrace the benefits of data visualisation, collaboration, real-time updates, and seamless integration with Google’s ecosystem to make better-informed decisions for your business!