How much do you know about Digital Marketing and how things are changing?
Tips from the Optix Solutions Digital Marketing Conference
In November I attended a great Digital Marketing workshop run by a local Digital Marketing firm, Optix Solutions.
The event covered digital marketing trends and how things are likely to change in the future, it also covered various key areas of digital marketing.
A few people have asked me what my take-aways were, so thought this was the best way to share
- ‘Understand your value proposition’. Be clear about why someone should use your service over someone else, how do you add value?
- Content marketing is key – do this well and you won’t need to worry about a lot of other areas such as the SEO of your website as the traffic generated by your content will do this for you. Write content about topics other than yourself and offer answers to commonly asked questions. Post your content in places other than your website e.g. LinkedIn;
- Include agile marketing in your marketing content plans – keep an eye on the news, local events and twitter trends to see if you can piggy-back any activity;
- Use paid advertising to reach your target customers, ‘re-marketing’ can be a great tool to ‘follow’ customers on the internet;
- Facebook Pages is changing and soon no-one will see your Page unless you have a paid-for service. Think how this will affect you;
- Utilise Google Chrome Add-ons such as ‘Crystal Knows’ https://www.crystalknows.com to identify how best to approach your target customer, before you pick up the phone – the add-on reviews the social media profiles of your customer and give you an overview;
- Join the Google+ communities of your target customer to find possible leads;
- Use Twitter Lists to put people you follow into lists and then monitor what they are asking and talking about, and answer their questions;
- Use the search facility on LinkedIn to find possible clients, save your search and then LinkedIn will let you know of anyone new who fits that search profile;
- Use Google Analytics and Google Trends to monitor the engagement with your posts etc and to inform your marketing strategy.
“Now I need to work out how this fits into my marketing strategy!”
Here is the link to their presentation. Please share if anyone you know might find this useful.
Do you have a digital marketing strategy? Have you heard any good tips on how things will be changing in the digital world? Are you a Digital Eagle or more of an Ostrich?
Need any help delivering your digital marketing strategy? Call us on 07814 218142 or email email@example.com.